Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"My soul did long to be there"

Repentance is a change in how we act, think, and feel about ourselves, the world, and our Savior. I wanted to show one of my favorite accounts about repentance and the amazing changes it can bring to our lives. The whole story is found in The Book of Mormon to be brief I will only share two small parts of the whole story beginning with how Alma felt before repentance and then how he felt after coming unto Christ. (See Alma 36)

"...in fine so great had been my iniquities, that the very thought of coming into the presence of my God did rack my soul with inexpressible horror." (Verse 14)

"...I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon his throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there." (Verse 22)

I know that as we turn ourselves to Christ and change our lives to fit in with His will that we will be able to always be filled with that hope and longing to be with Him. "Remember, repentance is not punishment. It is the hope-filled path to a more glorious future" (Personal Strength through the Atonement of Jesus Christ -Elder Richard G. Scott). I know that repentance is the path to happiness and peace. May we all become better in our lives so that we can always be on that upward path!

No comments:

Post a Comment